Acrylic nails are great accessories to give color and beauty to your hands and enhance your overall appearance. Great looking nails exude an image of cleanliness. People will instantly think that you give a damn about how you look. Unfortunately, applying acrylic nails is a somewhat difficult task. Professionals undergo training just to be able to service people correctly. Fortunately, with diligence, time, and some pointers, you can apply acrylic nails by yourself.
- Clean, dry, and trim fingernails are strict pre-requisites in any acrylic nail application. Wash and dry your nails thoroughly. Clean and dry nails will ensure that any acrylic nail applied will bond properly. As soon as you wash and dry your nails use a nail clipper to trim your nails to fit accordingly based on the size and length of your acrylic nails. Use a nail file to properly file the top of your fingernails. Make sure to push your cuticles back gently with a cuticle stick. Remember not to wash your nails after trimming them. There must be no ounce of moisture on your nails when applying acrylic nails. Make sure that your fingernails are completely dry before applying acrylic. Moisture and acrylic don’t mix.
- Get each acrylic nail tip and size it up to each nail. Make sure that each nail tip covers the entirety of each nail. Trim off any nail that does not fit to the acrylic nail tip. Once every one of your nails is sized correctly, use nail glue and apply it on each nail tip. Just use a small amount of nail glue on each tip. Place a nail tip onto each of your nails and gently press to ensure the nail glue bonds the tip to your nail. Allow a minute or so for the glue to adhere.
- Once all the nail tips are properly glued, you can use nail clippers to trim and edit the nail tips. Make sure to file each tip as well. Buff each nail tip with a buffing block as this will prepare the nail tip for acrylic.
- Get the nail primer and gently apply the primer on each of your fingernails and nail tip. To continue the process, open your nail acrylic and nail powder. Use a nail brush to dip into the acrylic and then dip it into the powder. This should create a powder ball mixture on the brush tip. Lightly apply the brush onto each nail. Spread each nail with acrylic from cuticle to the tip in fluid and smooth motions. Continue the same process until you attain the thickness you want.
- Once you have successfully applied acrylic to each nail, let your nails sit and dry for about 10 to 15 minutes. Buff each nail with a buffing block laced with baby oil to achieve a smooth texture. As soon as you finish, wash your nails thoroughly. Now you have successfully applied acrylic nails and are now ready to add your favorite nail polish color.
You don’t have to be a trained professional to apply acrylic nails. With a lot of practice and patience, you can do it yourself. Upon reaching a certain level of expertise, you can even provide the service to your friends. Knowing how to apply acrylic nails yourself can save you tons of money in return.