Shampoos, conditioners and other hair products contain chemicals that can damage otherwise healthy hair. It strips your hair of its natural shine. To nourish your hair and bring it back to life, use almond oil.
Dry, damaged hair can greatly benefit from almond oil treatments. Almonds contain vitamin E as well as essential minerals including magnesium that can bring back your hair’s naturally healthy look. It contains essential fats that softens, strengthens and gives your hair that natural glow.
Some experts say that if you apply almond oil to your hair a few hours before washing your hair, the almond oil collects the particles of dust that can be found on your hair. Once you wash your hair, all the oil and dirt are washed off leaving you with cleaner hair and scalp.
To apply almond oil to your hair, follow this procedure.
- Prepare your ingredients and materials. You will need almond oil, vanilla essential oil, a glass bottle, a comb and a shower cap.
- Place about 1 teaspoon almond oil and ¼ teaspoon vanilla essential oil in a glass bottle. If you have long hair, you may need to double or even triple the amounts. You can also use vanilla extract instead of vanilla essential oil. Close the bottle then shake the contents vigorously to blend the two oils well. Vanilla will give your hair a nice scent.
- Prepare your hair. Wash and towel dry it. You can also moisten your hair using a spritzer with water. Moist hair absorbs the almond oil better compared to dry hair.
- Place a small amount of the almond/vanilla oil mixture into one palm. Rub both palms together. Massage your hair and scalp with the oiled palms of your hand. If necessary, add more of the almond/vanilla oil mixture so you can coat your hair well. Use a comb to disperse the almond/vanilla oil mixture evenly all over your hair.
- Wear your shower cap. This will allow the almond/vanilla oil mixture to be well absorbed by your hair from the roots to the tips. Keep the shower cap on for a maximum of 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove your shower cap. Wash your hair with warm water and your regular shampoo.
- Do this once a week. It will keep your hair naturally soft, smooth, strong and shiny.
- You can warm the oil at a low temperature. This is almost the same as getting a hot oil treatment in the salon.
- To make it easier, you can partition your hair. Work on one section at a time to ensure that all the strands receive the same amount of almond oil and care.
Almond oil has been in use for a very long time. Ancient Egyptians have been using almond oil for their gorgeous, long straight hair. Many believe that almond oil promotes hair growth and is a good source of Vitamin E for healthy hair and scalp. Use almond oil regularly as a natural treatment for your dry, damaged locks and to strengthen hair strands as well as encourage hair growth.