Choosing which college to attend is an important decision-probably one of the most important decisions you'll make. However, before deciding, you'll need to apply. There are some important things to consider before applying to college, and Boise State University is no exception. Think about:
- Finances. Going to college can be expensive, so it's important to review your finances and determine what you can afford. Boise State University is charging $4,410 (in-state) and $12,578 (out-of-state) for tuition in 2007, which is a good indication of what 2008 tuition will be as well.
If you're planning to live on campus, you'll also need to factor in room and board. On-campus housing at Boise State University currently costs $5,938, so you'll need to add that to your tuition costs as well.
If you're not sure what you can afford, use this tuition calculator to help figure it out.
SAT/ACT and GPA. Every college has SAT and/or ACT and GPA requirements. While there is no official minimum requirement at Boise State University for either score, you can determine where you rank among other applicants by reviewing last year's average scores.
- 2007 Boise State University average SAT score:
Verbal – 63% Over 500 / 18% Over 600 / 2% Over 700
Math – 64% Over 500 / 21% Over 600 / 2% Over 700
- Application deadline: July 12, 2008
- Application fee: $40
- Full Name
- Social Security Number
- High School Transcripts
- SAT and/or ACT scores
- Scores from any other nationally recognized tests (such as AP)
- Information about any other schools you've attended
- Personal essays answering Boise State University's 2008 application questions.
- Year founded-1932
- Religious affiliation-None
- Academic calendar-Semester
- Student body size-Extra Large
Some of this information may be useful to include in your application essays, but it will also help you get a feel for the general atmosphere and culture of Boise State University as well as what you should expect when you're on campus.
- New Student Information Center
1910 University Dr.
Boise, ID 83725
Good luck! If you have any other questions for the Boise State University admissions staff you can email them at email@example.com.