When it comes to achieving that desired body weight and structure, you have to know that it will take a lot of effort to do so. It may seem like a cliché, but it is true: exercise will get you the body you want. And if you are really serious in getting that body in no time at all, exercising twice a day will do the trick. Why? Here are some reasons and ways to benefit exercising twice a day.
- Extra energy, all-day long. When you work out in the morning, before going to work, or doing anything else, this allows you claim that energy early on, and give you that energy boost to get you up and running. This will prevent that feeling of sluggishness at work. You will be more productive with your energy at a higher level, and you will see that you will have a clearer mind and better ideas for your work. When you exercise for the second time in the day, this jumpstarts your energy level again, giving you that second shot of energy to help you get through the day.
- Double the work out means double the metabolism. Exercising gives your body that extra boost in metabolism, and you will burn fat at a quicker rate a few hours after you’ve exercised. If you exercise twice in a day, then you give your body that second period to burn fats faster. When this happens, almost every meal you take will be burned at a quicker rate than normal.
- You can have alternate exercise days. A complete workout would require one that targets cardiovascular activities, and another for resistance training. If you exercise twice a day, you can do the cardio exercises in the morning, and resistance training, or weight training in the afternoon. Since you have achieved a complete workout in one whole day, the next day could be your rest day, allowing your body to rest in between days. You will be less likely to suffer from exercise burnout with this scheme since you give yourself time to rest after.
- Achieve better results, quickly. Since you are working out double time, your body gets toned and fit quicker. Intense and short workouts twice a day will burn calories more quickly. It will also be easier to focus on muscle groups such as the abdominal muscles or arm muscles. You can tone these muscles more quickly, thus getting your desired body in a shorter period.
- Enjoy shorter workouts. Since you do things twice in a day, you can work out for less than an hour per exercise session. Scheduling your workout in 30-minute chunks is easier than dedicating a whole hour from your day. If workouts can be done for 30 minutes only, you will make fewer excuses not to exercise, thus making your workouts more regular, which will in turn be more effective.
Exercising is truly a commitment. If you want to achieve that body that you want, you must work hard for it. Of course, it would be more effective if you pair your exercise regimen with a healthy diet. In no time, you will see the results of all your hard work.