If you own a retail store, or an online store specializing in selling CDs, you can expect this to be an expensive activity. To get the most savings, you would want to purchase CDs in wholesale. You can consider buying music albums direct from the label, which can get you savings of about 50%. You can also expect reduced shipping costs with wholesale purchases. The same also goes for software CDs.
If your business involves copying media onto blank, recordable CDs, you can also get a lot of savings when buying wholesale. Instead of paying a few dollars for each blank CD, you can expect to pay just a few cents when buying in wholesale.
You can try several online providers for buying CDs in wholesale. One of these is Wholesale Discs, which has thousands of titles, including music albums, PC software and games.
- Open a web browser and go to WholesaleDiscs.
- You can choose to buy discs in “lots,” which means you buy a whole set of discs with different titles ranging from albums, games and software.
- You can choose to buy a mixed set lot. This will include CD titles in different genres.
- You can also choose to buy from a lot within a certain genre. For example, you can buy wholesale classical, blues, rock, jazz, reggae, and other music niches.
- If you find any particular lot to your interest, click on the title of the genre. For example, if you want to retail Reggae music, click on the icon for Reggae music.
- Click “View” to look at the details of each item. The website will quote you in multiples of 100 or so CDs, and how much you can save based on the wholesale vs. the retail prices. For example, a set of 200 reggae CDs will cost you $198. Buying each of these separately will cost you about $15 each, or about $3,000. You get a savings of about $2,800.
- When you want to get the lot, click “buy.”
- The website will now add the CD lot to your shopping cart. You can browse for more CDs that you’re interested in. When you’re finished selecting, you can click the “Check out with PayPal” button to pay.
- On the checkout page, fill in your PayPal email and password. The page will then present a list of the items you intend to purchase.
- Choose a funding source. If you have enough funds in your PayPal account, choose that. Otherwise, you can identify your listed credit card as a funding source.
The website will already include shipping and handling charges in their fee. For orders bigger than $75, the website actually ships the items for free.
Buying CDs in wholesale is a good way to save on money when you plan to sell these items at retail prices. You get savings of anywhere from 50% to 90 plus percent, which should give you a good profit margin. Just make sure the lot you purchase includes those albums and titles that you are interested in.