All applications available on your iPhone can be found on the Home Screen. The Home Screen makes every application easily accessible. Arrange all the icons you often use on the Home Screen and your iPhone is good to go! Read on to learn how to change these Home Screen icons.
- Arrange the Home Screen icons using iTunes on your computer. In order to do this, you need to have iTunes 9 or later versions, and your iPhone should be connected to your computer. Open iTunes on your computer, select ‘iPhone’ from the iTunes sidebar and click on the ‘Applications’ tab. Rearrange the icons in whatever order you want.
- Rearrange the Home Screen icons directly on your iPhone. Click on the Home button then hold on to an icon on the Home Screen. Wait for the icons to wiggle then drag the icon to your desired location. You can also change the order of the four main shortcuts located on the ‘Dock’ at the bottom of the screen. Press the Home button to save the new arrangement.
- Move the icons to additional Home Screens. iPhone now supports up to 11 Home Screens. To create a new Home Screen, simply follow Step 2, but you need to move the icon towards the right edge of the screen. A second Home Screen will appear, so just drop the icon there. Dots on top of the Dock will serve as indicator of how many Home Screens you have. To switch from one Home Screen to another, simply flick to the left or right of the Home Screen, or tap to the left or right of the dots on top of the Dock. The highlighted dot will indicate what Home Screen you are currently on. Pressing the Home button will bring you back to the first Home Screen.
- Add Web Clips of the websites you frequently go to. To create a Web Clip, access the website you often visit then tap on the (+) sign and tap on ‘Add to Home Screen’. Be reminded that you are simply making an icon or a shortcut to your Home Screen, you are not creating a ‘bookmark’ of the website. The icon will display the website’s custom icon, or if it doesn’t have one, will simply look like the saved area of the website. When you open the Web Clip, you will be directed to the page that was displayed when you last saved it. You can also rename the Web Clip if you want. To delete a Web Clip, touch an icon on the Home Screen and wait for them to wiggle, then tap (x) at the top of the web clip, tap ‘Delete’ and press the Home button to save the changes.
- Revert to the old Home Screen layout of the iPhone. If you want to go back to the old Home Screen layout, tap on ‘Settings’, tap on ‘General’, then ‘Reset’ and ‘Reset Home Screen Layout’.
Being able to arrange the icons on the Home Screen according to its importance can save you more time. Even if you are on a call, you simply press the Home Screen button and you can select the application that you need. Arranging the order of the icons will make navigating the iPhone easier for you.