Hamburgers are one of the most popular foods. People of all ages like them. It is easy to cook hamburgers on the stove once you learn a few basics. First, decide how many hamburgers you want. You will need to allow more time for multiple hamburgers in the skillet.
- Grab a handful of ground beef and make a patty in your hand. Try not to make it too thick or it will take longer to cook.
- Place the patties in the skillet and turn the stove on high. Do not cover them. It will take about a minute or so for the stove to warm up. The burger will start to turn brown on the bottom first. Allow it to cook on high for a few minutes, then use a spatula to flip it over.
- Keep flipping the burgers over until both sides are brown; then turn the dial to either 7 or 8, which are probably the next two highest settings on your stove. If grease starts to spurt out, you’ll need to either lower the temperature or put the lid back on. Either way, continue to flip the burgers over until both sides get brown.
- Turn the stove temperature down to 6, and then cover them with the lid. Let them cook for several minutes, then lift the lid and flip them over.
- Continue to flip the burgers over every minute or so. Put the lid back on each time you flip the hamburgers over. Do this for the first 4 or 5 minutes. Use the spatula to determine how well the burgers are cooking on the inside. You should be able to push down on the burgers and see the blood draining from them. Once most of the blood is drained, turn the stove down to a medium temperature and put the lid back on.
- Allow the hamburgers to cook. Keep an eye on them every few minutes. Lower the temperature to the lowest level when the burgers look close to being done. Keep the lid on for a few more minutes.
- To determine if the meat is done, take a fork and knife and slice the top of each burger. Look into the center of the meat to see if they are all brown. If is not advisable to eat a burger that is not completely cooked. It could cause you to get sick.