A gazebo wedding can be very romantic and intimate. It is best for weddings during the summer, because it is out in the open. You can enjoy the fresh summer flowers and the sun during your very special day. If the gazebo is located in an open area, you can invite a lot of people. Decorating a gazebo can also be much cheaper. However, there are some considerations when it comes to decorating a gazebo for a wedding. Knowing them will help you plan a successful, hassle-free wedding with no unwanted surprises. With a few tips and tricks, your decoration for a gazebo wedding will be flawless.
Here are a few useful tips on how to decorate a gazebo for a wedding:
- Have all of your materials at hand. Make sure that all of your equipment is ready. It is best to have portable, durable equipment, as you will be using them outside. Just in case it rains, it is best to have tents, umbrellas, and other waterproof structures ready. If there are no hooks in the gazebo under which you will be having your wedding, make sure to bring some ties, ribbons and other materials to secure your decorations. Ribbons will also be useful as they are both decorative and functional. Hot glue will also be very convenient.
- Floral garlands are a great way to decorate your gazebo. You can make your own floral garland. Simply take some thread and a needle. Then, it is simply a matter of choosing your flowers. Stay away from gardenias and stephanotis flowers as they can wither easily in the heat. Carnations are great for this. But, make sure to choose a flower that is consistent with the theme and design of your wedding. Thread a couple of dozen flowers together in one string and make a loop. You can choose to add accent flowers in different colors if you want.
- Tulle is a very popular material when it comes to decorating gazebos for weddings. They are very functional, and very cheap. They also add a romantic, yet elegant, touch to the gazebo. You can alternatively use organza. This will help soften the look of the gazebo. Simply attach the tulle or organza using some string or hot glue on the pillars of the gazebo. Twist them so they wrap around the pillars.
- Add some lights around the gazebo. This is especially helpful if you plan to extend your wedding through the night. White lights are especially good for this, as they give off clean lighting. Try twinkling lights for extra effect. They add a simple yet elegant effect.
- Rose petals add another romantic touch to your wedding. Simply sprinkle some petals. You can choose if it will be in red or white. This will look regal when the bride comes marching down the aisle.
There are a lot of things you can do to create a romantic feel for your gazebo wedding. With these simple tips, you can beautifully decorate your gazebo in preparation for the wedding of your dreams.