Glasgow is Scotland’s largest city. It is also the third most populous city in the whole United Kingdom. With a large industrial base, the city has a huge employment population. Its shipbuilding sector is known as UK’s biggest. Despite being an industrial center for a century already, it has now developed its financial sector as well. On the other hand, it really does not offer much in terms of tourism, although it has many Victorian era buildings, which are worth visiting. Nevertheless, a number of city hotels have been established to accommodate guests who visit the city for business reasons.
The following are some of the hotels worth staying at on your visit to the city.
- Ramada Glasgow City Hotel is just a kilometer away from the Glasgow Central railway station and 11 kilometers from the Glasgow International Airport. It is also a kilometer near the Royal Concert Hall and Buchanan Street, a classy shopping center in the city. The hotel has flat-screen TV in each room with in-demand movies available.
- ABode Glasgow is located right in the center of the city, near the business district. The hotel provides excellent accommodation at very reasonable room rates. What it is proud of, however, is its Michael Caines Restaurant, which won the Restaurant of the Year award by the CIS Excellence award in 2009.
- Best Western Glasgow City Hotel is one of the most visited west hotels in the city. This partly owes to the fact that this hotel’s location makes it a logical choice for visitors who wish to have every amenity in the city to be within its reach. It has a modern exterior design and its interior is classy and well equipped with digital entertainment systems.
- Charing Cross Guest House is a budget hotel. However, while its room rates are certainly low, its service and room accommodations can actually pass up for a luxury hotel. Breakfast is included in the room accommodation. The rooms all have TV with satellite channels available.
- Marriott Glasgow is the choice for those who wish to visit the city in style. The luxury hotel is just several minutes away from Glasgow’s nightlife and its best shopping center, the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Center. The room rates can be more expensive than most others can though.
You can still have more choices other than those mentioned above, including Bordeaux hotels. Most of Glasgow’s hotels are right at the center of the city. This means that if you are guest here, you will certainly find it convenient for you to go to any part of the city. As Scotland’s major commercial city, Glasgow can offer you many shops and entertainment centers to while the time. Most of these are near the hotel’s locations. The hotels, on the other hand, vary in prices but most of them can offer decent to posh city accommodations.