Historical currency exchange rate data have been by utilized by FOREX traders in helping them to understand a given currency pair’s flow. There are a lot of websites on the Internet that give currency rate data on the net for US Dollar and Euro exchange rates and historical currency exchange rates data, and some of them are perceived as the authority in releasing the information you need.
Here are websites that are helpful in your search for historical currency exchange rate data:
- federalreserve.gov. This website, based in the United States, publishes historical currency exchange rates of US Dollar through the Federal Reserve Board. By clicking the section ‘Statistics: Release and Historical Data,’ you will find daily updates of exchange rates, weekly and monthly releases all for the purpose of comparison tracing back from June 1996, and annual releases with listings since 1993.
- oanda.com. This website has been providing historical currency exchange rates since 1990 for over 164 currencies. You don’t have to be an Internet savvy in accessing to this site since it is user-friendly.
- xe.com. This website permits you to make cross rate tables depending on currency that you choose using either current or historical rates. The oldest list available traces back from November 16, 1995.
- x-rates.com. This website provides currency calculator, custom table, historic look- up and currency photos. The earliest list through this service is Year 1990.
- eh.net. This website gives a range of Internet-based services for resources and promotions of communication among historians and economic researchers and scholars. The currency exchange rate data on this site uses the US Dollar as the base currency and gives the price of the foreign currency in dollar term. Information includes currency exchange rate between the US Dollar and 40 other countries from 1913 to 2007 and currency exchange rate between the US Dollar and the British Pound from 1791 to 2007.
- gocurrency.com. This website automatically displays the data listing for the past three days and for the past months of the current year for the purpose of comparison. Historical currency rates through this service are available starting from the year 1990.
- fxcentre.com. This website allows you to create your own currency exchange graph trends and compare over 600 foreign exchange pairings available starting from January 1993.
- fxtop.com. This website provides online multi currency conversion tool using your exchange rate choices. Currency rate data is available starting from 1990.
- exchangerate.com. This website provides online multi currency conversion tool using your exchange rate choices. Currency rate data is available starting from 1990.