All relationships have to start somewhere. If you’ve got your eye on a guy, and want him to notice you, there are things you can do. Try some of the following tips and your guy will take an interest. Then it’s up to you to keep it.
- Refresh your look. Before starting something new, get into the right mindset by refreshing your look. This means shower, wash and style your hair and whiten your teeth, not get a facelift or full makeover. Don’t go overboard with make-up or revealing clothing. Just take what you have and take it up a notch.
- Let your confidence show. Your mini-makeover will help boost your confidence. Now that it is in full force, let it show. Know who you are and be confident that you are able to get the guy you want. Walk tall, smile and show a little sass if you’ve got it.
- Make eye contact. Let him know you exist by making eye contact when you meet. If the guy you’re looking at is already a friend, he may need some extra encouragement, so be sure to send a smile and occasional touch in his direction.
- Flirt with him. This sounds like a no-brainer, but some guys are thickheaded. They don’t notice you are looking their way unless you send a signal loud and clear.
- Get to know him. Learn about him from mutual friends when you can. Listen when he talks, and find out what interests him. The better you know him, the more likely you are to know if you two are a fit.
- Have your own life. Nothing is more attractive to a guy than a woman who is independent. Having your own life and your own friends makes you more appealing, not less. Show him you have a life by not always being available when he calls or spending time with your friends when you can.
- Lean into him and make contact. Body language sends messages long before they are verbalized. When you are speaking, make sure that yours sends the right message. Lean forward, not away from him. Brush his arm or hand to get his attention.
- Pay attention. It’s possible that the guy you have your eye on has already noticed you. He may be waiting for a sign of your interest or he may just not be interested. Pay attention to his body language and his reactions to you. He may be letting you know his interest and you didn’t notice.
Following these tips work for getting a guy to take notice, whether he’s a stranger or the boy next door. Be creative when you can, but above all, be yourself. If you put on an act and the act gets his attention, then it’s not the real you he’s interested in.