As you advance in years your skin will definitely lose its elasticity and firmness and you may find that your skin color exhibits different shades. There are some steps that you can take to maintaining a healthy glow and get your natural skin tone back.
- Continue to drink lots of water daily. Your normal water consumption per day should be half of your body weight in ounces. So if you are of average height and weights 130 pounds, that means that you need to drink 65 ounces of water or roughly about two liters or more conveniently, 8 full glasses of water a day. Dark marks and pigmentation on skin are sometimes caused by a toxin build up on your skin. Increase your detoxification by drinking water regularly, particularly during hot weather.
- Avoid regular sun exposure particularly during those times that the sun is at its strongest, between ten in the morning and three in the afternoon. Make it a regular habit to use sunscreen with a higher SPF. Stay in the shade during the hottest parts of the day and protect your head and expose parts of your body with proper covering.
- Exercise will tone your whole body and maintain your muscles and skin elasticity contributing to a general healthy look. Exercise can also contribute to your detoxification through increased oxygen circulation and sweating.
- Regular skin exfoliation is also recommended to keep maintain your normal skin tone. Exfoliation removes dead skin cells from your body and promotes new skin cell growth, helping your skin to maintain an even tone.
- If you have normal skin but there is some color difference between the exposed parts of your body and the rest of it consider using virgin coconut oil instead of body lotion after you have taken a bath in the evening. Regular use will even out your skin tone and help protect it from the sun. You may add some lemon juice for a bleaching effect on exposed parts or those with darker skin tone.
- For a natural bleaching solution grate several potatoes and extract the juice. Add the juice of half a lemon and about a quarter cup of honey. Mix the ingredients until the honey is fully incorporated and apply all over your body twenty minutes before your bath. Potatoes and lemon will act as the bleaching agents while honey will nourish your skin and keep it moisturized.
- For those with oily skin, grate several cucumbers and extract the juice. Have the same amount of lemon juice and mix the two ingredients and add a few drops of rose water to minimize the astringent property of the lemon. Apply the mixture all over your body and let it stay for ten to fifteen minutes. Take a warm bath afterwards.
- Consider changing your diet and eating more food that are rich in antioxidants. They can slow down the ageing process and leave you with a natural and even skin tone for a longer period of time.
Positive lifestyle changes will ensure that you regain your natural skin tone. Change your diet, exercise more often, get enough rest and avoid all forms of stress for healthy living. Laugh more often to increase the air that comes into your lungs and keep you looking young and happy. These will reverse the ageing process and help you keep a good skin tone naturally.