Nowadays, a professional hair stylist is not anymore needed for you to have straight hair. It is good news to know that with two simple tools, you can say goodbye to your curly or wavy hair for the meantime. With a blow dryer and a hair brush in hand, the magic of having a straight hair is done in no time.
However, the problem here is that a lot of people don’t usually succeed in achieving great straight hair with using only these two tools. This is because they do not know how to properly use and hold the blow dryer and the brush while doing the process. So to end this problem, check out these following tips to help you know the right way to hold these tools when straightening hair:
- Prepare the right tools. It is important for you to note that not all hair dryers and hair brushes are good for this purpose. Hence, prepare only the ones that are best to be used. For instance, get a blow dryer that has an adjustable heat setting. On the other hand, the brush must be a round styling or a flat paddle one.
- Decide which hand to hold each piece. There is no right or wrong in terms of where to hold the blow dryer and the hair brush during this process. Whichever way is more convenient and more comfortable for you, go with it. For instance, hold the blow dryer on your right hand while the hair brush is on the other hand. There is no problem if you do it the other way around.
- Hold the tools securely. Make sure that you tightly hold the blow dryer on its handle to ensure that it will not slip on your hands during the process. On the other hand, hold the brush loose enough that you can easily slide it down the hair later on the process.
- Point the blow dryer on your hair. To start straightening hair, the dryer must be pointed right at the roots of the hair. This is true for all the sections of your hair.
- Position the brush. The brush must be on the same hair where you are pointing the hair dryer at the moment. Since the blower starts with the roots, place the brush close to the roots as well.
- Move both the blower and the brush. Once the roots of the hair are drying, it is time to pull the brush downwards while directing the dryer towards the same movement. This is done until you reach the end of the hair.
- Twist the hair brush. When you are near the ends of the hair, twist around the brush. When you do this, it does not matter whether the hair is held loosely in the brush or is still secured tightly. The main goal here is to give a great finish for the tips of your hair.
The secret towards giving your hair a straight finish is on how you properly hold and use the blow dryer and the hair brush. You can achieve great results just by closely following these tips. On the other hand, if you fail to take note of the right steps, the quality of your newly-straightened hair can be compromised not to mention yet that it can damage your hair, too.