Nissan Motor Company, Ltd., or Nissan, is one of the largest automakers in the world and headquartered in Japan. Formerly, it marketed automobiles under the brand name of Datsun, also one of the largest multinational car manufacturers. Nissan is among the Japanese Big 3 automakers and the third largest Japanese car manufacturer in the United States, and it also carries the luxury brand Infiniti. Nissan is a recognized producer of an extensive range of cars and trucks, and it also produced famous sports cars such as the Datsun Fairlady 1500, 1600, and 2000 Roadsters, the Z-car, and the GT-R. By the year 2010, Nissan is due to launch its electric cars or alternative fuel automobiles in Europe. It is also developing a plug-in hybrid vehicle that could follow the emergence of electric cars in 2010.
If you were contemplating buying a used car, it would be best to consider the brand names known for producing quality automobiles such as Nissan. Finding a used car that has the quality created by the leading manufacturers in the world is a huge plus in selecting your investment. Used Nissan cars are among the well-known options, and some of the popular models are suggested here.
- Nissan 350Z. The Nissan 350Z was initially introduced as the Datsun 240Z in 1970. The last units were produced in 2007, marketed and sold as 2008 coupe and roadster models. The 350Z is a two-seat, two-door sports car, with front-mid engine rear-wheel-drive. It bears a long-hood short-deck design common to the Z-car family, as it is the fifth generation of Nissan’s Z-car line. You can find a used Nissan 350Z from Nissan dealerships specializing in used units, used car dealers, and private owners.
- Nissan Pathfinder. The Nissan Pathfinder, also known as Terrano, was originally projected as a compact SUV in 1986. Today it is marketed as mid-size SUV by Nissan Motors. WD21 is the first generation Pathfinder, R50 is recognized as the second generation, and R51, the third generation platform.
- Nissan Armada. Among Nissan’s family of sport utility vehicles is the Nissan Armada. Its F-alpha body frame and platform is also used in the Nissan Xterra SUV, Nissan Frontier pickup truck, Nissan Titan pickup truck, and Nissan Pathfinder. The Armada has a 5-speed automatic transmission and rear-wheel drive or four-wheel drive selections.
- Nissan Rogue. Debuted in 2007, the Rogue is a compact crossover SUV from Nissan. Its counterpart in North America is the X-trail, Qahai in Europe and Dualis in Australia and Japan. The Rogue comes in two trims, the S which is the base model and the SL. Both are powered by a 170 hp, 2.5 liter 4-cyliner engine, with a continuously variable transmission and front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive designs.
- Nissan Versa. In Japan, Mexico and Australia, the Nissan Versa is known as Tiida. It was introduced as Versa in the United States and Canada, and branded as Nissan Latio in Southeast Asian countries. This subcompact car was manufactured in replacement for the Sunny and Pulsar of Nissan Motors. The Versa has a hunchback form and sedan variation. It offers three transmissions, a four-speed automatic, continuously variable transmission, and a six-speed manual.
Other popular used Nissan car models include Altima, GT-R, Quest, Stanza, Murano, Maxima, Sentra, Titan, and Xterra.