Everyone wants to have smooth, blemish-free skin. It can be difficult to keep it blemish-free if pimple scars or freckles pop up without notice. Good thing it can be easy to lighten these blemishes using natural and inexpensive ingredients found in your kitchen. If you are interested to make your skin flawless, the following are tips on how to achieve this.
- Clean your face. Before doing anything, you must first clean your face. Wash with facial soap and rinse well with water. Pat dry with a soft towel or cloth, and prepare your facial treatment.
- Make a lemon skin brightening solution. The vitamin C found in lemon is the perfect ingredient to give your face that bright, clean feeling. It detoxifies your skin, and lightens dark spots on your face. To create this skin brightening solution, you must mix 3 drops of lemon oil and 3 drops of lavender oil in 3 teaspoons of distilled water. With a clean cotton ball, dip into the solution and massage the solution gently onto your skin. Do this daily until you have observed visible lightening of your blemishes.
- Use coconut oil at night. Before you sleep for the night, you should treat your face to a coconut oil massage. Clean your face of make-up, at the end of the day, wash with soap and water. Pat dry with a towel. Once you are satisfied that you have a clean face, pour a few drops of coconut oil on a cotton ball and rub it on your face. Use a circular motion to rub the coconut oil so you can stimulate the blood vessels in your face as well, leaving you with a natural, healthy blush.
- Try carrot juice. You can also juice a couple of carrots and apply this to your face as a mask. After washing your face, juice your carrots and place in a bowl. Using cotton balls, apply the carrot juice onto your face. Leave on the carrot juice for around fifteen minutes. After the fifteen minutes are up, rinse completely with warm water and a soft cloth. Do this for fifteen days or until you see improvements in your blemishes.
- Protect with SPF. Even after you have observed that your skin blemishes have vanished, you must prevent dark spots from appearing again. One such way is to wear sun block at all times. No matter how quickly you stay out in the sun, you still need to protect your skin. The sun’s rays can easily penetrate through your melanin and could be the cause for your skin discolorations. Make sure that you wear sun block all the time to prevent this.
- In the meantime, cover up with make-up. If you are still undergoing the lightening treatment, and your dark spots annoy you, you may temporarily “erase” them by using make-up with good coverage. You can pick out a light foundation to cover up your blemishes and provide you with a dewy, smooth feel. You can choose a foundation with SPF to protect you from the sun’s rays, as well. You may set your foundation with mineral powder, which provides you with full coverage without looking too heavy on your skin.
The secret to getting good skin is to maintain it and treat it
regularly. You have to clean your face thoroughly everyday to prevent
dirt from building up and irritating your skin pores.