As parents and guardians we capture great moments and fun times through pictures. If your little ones are anything like mine, they may enjoy going through your picture albums. So let us create little kid friendly picture book just for them.
- Foam sheets (size is up to you)
- Scissors (designer and basic)
- Glue stick
- A three or two hole punch
- Foam markers
- Glitter glue
- Take six foam sheets and punch holes on one side of each sheet so that they will look like little sheets of paper.
- Then, on the edge of five of the sheets (side with holes), rub glue on.
- For this part you can make use of those extra pair of hands. Have your little one layer each sheet of foam one on top the other with the holes aligned; press firmly for a few seconds so the sheets of foam will stick together creating a book.
Create a frame look:
- Take the extra sheet of foam and cut the middle into a square shape space; leave about a 1" inch border. On the two sides and the bottom of the sheet rub glue, but leave a tiny amount of inner space without glue. Place this cut-out sheet on the outer front part of the book, press firmly for a few seconds. This is where the main picture will go.
- Next, cut about four inches of yarn/ribbon for each hole, looping each piece through the holes; make a pretty bow, or tie a knot and cut off the excess. The yarn/ribbon will act as an extra support for the book to be held together.
- Then, have your little one select their favorite pictures. With the scissors cut the edges into a creative and unique design (design scissors are great for this). After cutting the pictures, lay them out on the foam pages so you can see where you want them before gluing them down. Slide your main picture in the front.
- After that is completed, use the glitter glue, the foam marker, the stickers, and some creativity to create exciting borders around the pictures, and the outer part of the little picture book. There you have it; a little picture book made just for kids.
- For larger pictures, use larger foam sheets.
Be creative, have fun, and enjoy this creative picture book moment with your little one.