If you love going on outdoor adventures, one of the essential items that you should always have with you is a survival kit. You must know that an accident or an emergency could occur at any moment and you need a survival kit in order to survive. You don’t have to waste your money buying survival kits in shops. Most of them are too expensive and not even complete.
You can make your own survival kit and include all the things that you feel will be handy in unwanted situations. Bring this survival kit for camping, fishing, hiking, trekking, hunting and any outdoor activity that you engage in.
Here are the things you need to put inside your survival kit:
- Basic items. There are basic things that you should always have inside your survival kit. These are: at least twenty-five feet of nylon rope, two boxes of waterproof matches, a small mirror, bright orange jacket, fishing hooks, whistle, two large garbage bags, a compass and paper and pen. These are the basic items that you should carry with you. You can use all of these items when you are lost in the wilderness.
- First aid kit. You can also include a small first aid kit inside your survival kit. You do not know when an accident might occur so it is best to be ready. The items that you need to include in the first aid kit are packs of sterile pads, gauze, aspirin, band-aids, bandages, first-aid tape and some basic medication and special medication if you are suffering from a medical condition.
The items mentioned above are the essential things that you should always have with you. However, if you feel that you need other things to include in your survival kit, feel free to do so. Some people want to be as prepared as possible so they include other items in their survival kits, such as:
- Nourishment. For nourishment, you can bring packs of instant soup, energy bars, packs of honey, nuts and dried fruits.
- Clean water. Going without food for several days will make you weak but going without water for over a day can kill you. You may see sources of water where you are but you have to make sure that the water you drink is clean to avoid having illnesses. You can bring with you a small kettle where you can boil water to get rid of bacteria.
- Shelter. Another thing you can add to your survival kit is a thick blanket. This can keep you warm at night and can also serve as a roof over your head. You can make a small shelter by mounting the blanket with some branches.
These are the things that you should have in your survival kit. Put the essential items in a small knapsack that you can bring with your wherever you go. For the extra items, you can leave it inside the trunk of your car when you go out for your outdoor and wilderness activities.