The Irish Trash Can drink did not make in St. Patrick’s top liquor list for nothing! This drink has unarguably one of the highest kicks or after effects when it comes to alcoholic drinks. You can enjoy a serving or two of this very potent drink in a bar with friends or even when you are just trying to relax in your home.
Here are the elements and steps that will make for one mean Irish Trash Can drink.
- Container. Super Cocktails offers you a good Collins glass that serves as the most ideal container for one serving of the Irish Trash can. But you are not limited with this option. You can also try a pitcher for more kicks. Or, if you really want to take the whole thing literally, you can use an unused and sanitized trash container for pouring all that liquid in. Whichever you choose, just make sure that you will be able to clean it well and access the liquid easily later on during your party.
- Servings. You can first determine the serving size of your Irish Trash Can drink. You can readily plug in the serving requirements to websites such as Drinks Mixer and they will happily give you with the right proportions of ingredients that you will be needing.
- Ice. Make sure that you also have a lot of ice cubes ready. Though acting mostly as an accessory, the ice will help make the sensations of drinking all the more pleasant. Just make sure that you do not put too much ice in the glass or pitcher. Remember that you have make room for six liquids and a can later on.
- Gin. Gin, which has been derived from juniper berries and other essences, is a necessary ingredient for your Irish Trash Can drink. You will need at least half an ounce of this for one glass serving. You just might find that this topnotch drink is better than your Martini.
- Light Rum. Light rum is responsible for giving you the sweet flavor that you will not otherwise find in ingredients like gin. The rum will, however, require you to consume the mix immediately since it is made of molasses. The short aging process makes it ideal for instant pick me uppers.
- Vodka. Russians stake a claim on its origin for good reason. Just from Vodka alone, you will be accounting for 35-70% of alcoholic content. This will really give much of the “kick” that you will feel after drinking your Irish Trash Can drink. Just make sure that you have a well-filtered variety for your use.
- Peach Schnapps. The peach schnapps is the component that helps add a citrus flavor to your mix. Make sure you have the actual peach schnapps. But in case you have some trouble finding the exact variety, you can opt for substitutes like peach soda. However, this will affect the taste.
- Blue Curacao Liquer. The Blue Curacao is most responsible for rendering an attractive color that will mix later on with other ingredients. If you can get something straight from the Caribbean, you will be in for a treat.
- Triple Sec. A French variety of Curacao, triple sec will add flavoring and support the sweetening action of light rum.
- Stirring. Just get half an ounce of each of the six liquor types and stir them with the ice. This will already form your very powerful liquor mixture that is bound to take you to places.
- Red Bull Float Can. A can of Red Bull is the last touch to the already tough mix that you have concocted in the previous steps. Just tilt and invert an open Red Bull can on the glass or pitcher. Enjoy as it changes color right before your eyes!
As you boost your alcohol tolerance for this very strong drink, make sure that you stay on the safe side by not engaging in any driving activities when you drink Irish Trash Can. It will also be helpful if you have a ready place to rest once you have consumed an entire bottle or jug full of this drink. For sure, you will be sleeping very soundly immediately. And it is so much more fun to enjoy this with your friends and get an alcoholic high together.