Try Making Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Do you want to make homemade chicken pot pie? Chicken pot pie is a delicious, traditional recipe that any chicken fan will adore. This recipe will result in a dish that your family will love and want you serve regularly.
- 2 sliced chicken breasts
- ¾ cup halved button mushrooms
- ½ cup sliced carrots
- ½ cup sliced celery
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 small can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 9″ refrigerated pie crust (top and bottom)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Leave pie crusts out in room temperature for no less than an hour.
- Fit the bottom pie crust to a 9-inch glass pie plate, and let sit.
- Slice the chicken into ½ inch squares. Rub with desired amount of salt.
- Saute chicken, onions and mushrooms with olive oil. Set aside to cool.
- Boil carrots, celery, and peas for 2 minutes. Strain and set aside.
- Heat mushroom soup in a pot, and slowly add cooked ingredients.
- Remove from heat, mix in half a cup of cheese, and let cool.
- Once cool, spoon mixture into crust, and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Top with remaining pie crust, seal edge and flute. Cut decorative slits in the middle.
- Bake for about 40 minutes until crust is brown.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Now you know how to make homemade chicken pot pie. This chicken pie recipe is something the whole family is sure to enjoy.