- Chicken Breast:1 pound
- Crushed ginger: 1 tablespoon
- Soy Sauce: 3 tablespoons
- Sesame Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Mirin (Sweet Cooking Wine): 1 tablespoon
- Katakuriko (Potato Starch): 4 tablespoons
- Flour: 4 tablespoons
- Vegetable Oil: As needed
- Rinse Chicken breast under water and wipe off excess water. Cut into large 2-bite pieces (around an inch).
- Combine chicken breast, ginger, soy sauce, mirin, and sesame oil in bowl. Cover, and marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Combine flour and potato starch. Sift mixture if desired.
- Lightly cover chicken breast with flour and potato starch mixture.
- In a large skillet or deep fryer, fry chicken in vegetable oil (375 F) until brown.
- Remove chicken from oil and place on an absorbent sheet to rid of excess oil.
- Serve hot or cold.
- You may replace ginger with garlic if desired.
- You may also fry the chicken with just the potato starch.