Lush, full-looking lips are yours for the taking – no hypodermic needles necessary! Here's the painless, artistic path to fuller looking lips, every time.
- Start with clean lips.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to gently exfoliate the lips. Baby toothbrushes work especially well for this. This not only gives your lips a smooth and younger texture, but also plumps your lips temporarily by increasing blood flow.
- Apply a touch of lip balm very sparingly. The idea is to alleviate the dryness without creating a slick surface to which the color won't adhere.
- With your lip brush, apply the darkest of the three shades of lip color to the outer half of your lips only. The idea isn't to create a pencil-thin outline, but to shade the outer half of your lips, mimicking natural shadows. Wipe off the excess color from your brush before proceeding.
- Next, apply the medium shade all over the lips. Again, wipe off the excess before proceeding.
- Now, take the neutral or nude-toned pencil and lightly outline the lips to lock in the color. Use the clean lip brush to blend the color if you're left with a noticeable line.
- With your baby finger, apply just a pat of the shimmery pale color to the center of your lower and upper lips.
- Blot your lips together lightly.
- For extra fullness, you can apply a lip enhancing product – such as Lip Fusion, Duwop's Lip Venom, or Too Faced's Lip Injection Extreme – in lieu of the balm in Step 3.
Voila! Beautiful, full, lush-looking lips – every time. No injections needed!