Using an Old-Fashioned Remedy
One key factor to healthy skin is to minimize your pores. Smaller pores aid in blocking some of the dirt that skin acquires throughout the day. Sometimes old-fashioned beauty treatments are the best at minimizing pores, and this homemade remedy is no exception. By following these simple steps, you, too, can have flawless, radiant, blemish-free skin. You pores will be smaller and you skin will be smoother than you ever thought was possible.
Purchase a natural soap. Get a soap that is as natural as you can get it. Make sure that it does not contain any artificial perfumes, dyes, or chemicals. Homemade soaps are always a great choice, especially to help reduce pore size. I like to use Dr. Bronner’s lavender bar soap.
- When you are ready to begin your regime, wet your face all over and lather your face with the soap. Remember not to scrub or rub your skin. Simply lather and rinse.
- You will notice a difference in the way your skin feels when you use a natural soap. Harsh chemicals in other soaps will strip your skin of its natural emollients. This makes it dry out faster.
- Naturals soaps are the solution to this problem. The elements used to make the soap cleanse your skin without taking away the good parts. Your skin will feel soft and smooth after they do their work to tighten pores.
Make a mask. Helpfully, baking soda (such as Arm&Hammer) has a rough texture, though not as rough as products that contain exfoliating materials. The baking soda will exfoliate the skin removing the dead cells without damaging the pores. Use the following facial skin care remedy once a week to help minimize your pore size.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of baking soda into the palm of your hand. Drizzle a little water into it, enough to form a paste, and massage this paste all over your face in gentle, circular motions. Never scrub, just light circular motions will do. Continue for about 30 seconds and rinse.
- Finally, pat your face dry with a soft, clean towel. There is no need to use any moisturizers or creams. Your skin’s natural oils will be all the conditioning that is required. Your skin should have noticeably smaller pores immediately, and after 1 week, it should be clear and radiant.
Vitamin A. This nutrient is a natural remedy for wrinkles as well as dry skin. The protein cleanses the pores without stripping the skin of bacteria and other agents that help fight the aging process. You can purchase vitamin A skin solution from any local department store.
Microdermabrasion. Microdermabrasion uses exfoliation coupled with suction to remove the dead skin cells from the face. This type of treatment is one of the best ways to minimize the pores. The microdermabrasion machine loosens and lifts the dead skin cells and dirt from the face, leaving it smooth and soft. This should be done at least once a month for smooth, clean skin.
By using this face care regime, your skin will become used to its own
natural oils. The baking soda combats the bacteria that can attack the
pores, resulting in smoother, clearer skin. Then you can maintain that
healthy skin and clear pores by exfoliating, use a vitamin A solution,
and an at home microdermabrasion kit.