Genital herpes is caused by the herpes simplex virus. It is an infection in the genital area and usually lasts for a couple of weeks.
Here’s a simple way to naturally cure genital herpes.
- Perform simple methods. Areas affected by herpes breakouts are usually swollen and are painful. Apply an ice pack onto the affected area to ease the swelling and pain. Add baking soda when taking warm baths to lessen itching. Baking soda can be readily bought in your grocery store. If blisters are still present, avoid having sex. Having sex will only add more blisters and may cause more pain to your present blisters. Make sure to always clean your genital area. It is also important to keep your genitals dry to prevent more bacteria from developing. Eating the proper food will also help cure genital herpes. Avoid eating food such as meat, dairy products, nuts, oats and corn. Also avoid food that suppresses lysine and contains arginine.
- Enhance your immune system. Drink vitamin C, Echinacea and goldenseal every day to boost your immune system. They can be bought in drugstores. However, if diarrhea occurs, stop drinking vitamin C. Getting enough sleep and reducing stress also increases your immune system. The best way to fight off any disease is to boost your immune system.
- Drink additional supplements. There are other supplements that slow down viral growth that you may take if an outbreak occurs. Drink 500 mg of Lomatium root four times a day if an outbreak occurs. It has antiviral properties and also boosts your immune system. Lomatium root can be easily bought in Chinese drugstores. You can also drink amino acid L-lysine that you can buy from drugstores. Drinking zinc will also slow down viral growth.
- Apply medications. Apply ointments such as Propolis ointment to the infected area. This ointment heals sores. Apply continuously until the infected area is completely healed. Propolis ointment can be bought in drugstores. Lemon balm cream also heals sores. You can also buy it in any drugstore. Apply three to four times a day only if outbreaks occur. It can be apply alone or together with Propolis ointment. Tea tree oils can also be used to relieve pain and swelling. You can buy tea tree oils in Chinese drugstores or department stores.
- Drink tea. Surprisingly, tea helps alleviate the pain and swelling caused by herpes outbreaks. Add a teaspoon of tarragon to a cup of hot water. Drinking tarragon tea three times a day will lessen the pain and swelling. Tarragon tea also inhibits viral growth because of antiviral properties. You can also add a lemon balm teabag to make your tea a stronger medicine. Tarragon tea and lemon balm tea can be bought in Chinese drugstores. You can also buy them from herb gardens.
It is good to know the different types of herpes to know how to cure it. Herpes simplex type I occurs in the mouth. Herpes simplex type II on the other hand occurs in the genitals. However, it can also spread to both because of oral sex. Because herpes can increase the danger of having cervical cancer, it is best for women who have herpes to have pap smears regularly. If herpes symptoms continue, it is best to consult with your doctor.