Updating your wardrobe doesn’t mean that you have to throw out all your outfits and buy new ones in place. Sometimes, it is as simple as buying different accessories to complement your look. One such accessory that is fast becoming a fashion trend is the skinny belt. The skinny belt helps a lot in boosting the look of your outfit, providing you with a sleeker, more fashionable look. You can use skinny belts in various outfits, so you don’t have to throw out those seemingly out-of-fashion clothes, and get back into the fashion game. Below are several ways to wear the skinny belt trend.
- Find a variety of skinny belts. There are many kinds of skinny belts out there. You can choose from different materials like leather belts, patent, plaid or woven belts. You can find metallic belts and those with patterned cut-outs if you are searching for something funkier. If you are hesitant in buying all these kinds, you may choose to buy one belt first in a neutral color. The neutral color lets you mix and match with more colors, thereby making your wardrobe more versatile. You can find cheap skinny belts in your favorite outlet stores, or you can order them online.
- Check out your wardrobe. Find the items that need updating. These are usually the clothes that you rarely anymore because you feel that they are too boring. What they really need is something to update the look, which the skinny belt will address. These usually include some neutral tunics, sweater dresses, loose shift dresses and some basics. By simply wearing a skinny belt around these items, you will feel like you’ve just bought a new wardrobe.
- Wear the belt according to body type. There are many ways to wear a belt to accentuate your body’s good qualities. You can wear the belt around your waist, just above the navel to accentuate your waist. Do not wear the skinny belt too tightly. A loosely worn skinny belt gives it a classy look. If you feel that you are a little too bloated on a particular day, you may wear the belt around your belt loops or you can let it lie around your hips. If you are plus-sized, ditch the uber-skinny belts, and find something that is a little bit thicker, for better proportion.
- Use a skinny belt for more formal functions. If you want to spiff up a business dinner outfit, you may do so with your skinny belt. Simply wear a fitted blouse, worn with a pencil skirt, or even wide-leg pants then wear a skinny belt over the blouse. This outfit requires that you wear solid colors, whether in plain leather or the more flashy metallic colors. If you are feeling a little experimental, pair a red belt with a neutral-colored outfit. It will really bring out a pop of color into your look.
- Go casual with a flair. You can also update your everyday and casual outfits by wearing a skinny belt. Cinch your layers with a skinny belt for a trendy, fabulous look. Take a fitted shirt, wear a grandma knit cardigan over it, and top the look off with the belt. This makes a fine contrast with the slouchy layers, by polishing it up with the skinny belt.
Don’t be afraid to mix and match using your skinny belt. Check out
fashion magazines and websites to find out how else to wear the skinny
belt with your other outfits. Have a great time getting fabulous.