It is essential for a person to have self-confidence and self-esteem. A gorgeous smile can greatly impact your personal relationship with others, boosting self-esteem, and confidence. Cosmetic dental care aims to provide wide-ranging oral care, and combines science and art to generally improve dental health, appearance, and functionality. Smile is the first thing noticed about a person, and people make an opinion on your personality based on your smile. Today a “celebrity smile” is no longer a dream. Anybody can achieve it with the help of a trained cosmetic dentist. For those who are unsatisfied with the appearance of their teeth, cosmetic dental care will solve the problem.
When planning to have cosmetic dental surgery, seek help from a specialized cosmetic dentist. Here are the common cosmetic dental care procedures:
- Teeth whitening or bleaching is the most common procedure. It is performed to lessen stains, discolorations, and obviously it whitens the teeth.
- Veneers laminate the teeth. They are best used if tooth whitening doesn’t work well. Veneers are super-thin sheets that are bonded directly to the surface of the teeth. This helps close gaps and it conceals the discoloration of the teeth.
- Dental implants and dental bridges replace one or more missing teeth. The procedure requires a serious commitment to oral hygiene. The dental implants and bridges last for a long period of time.
- Dental bonding is used to restore decayed teeth. The teeth will be covered with a composite resin filling the teeth, and then the teeth will be reshaped and polished. It will lighten the stains on the teeth, correct the appearance of crooked teeth, and help close minor gaps.
- Tooth contouring and reshaping also help to correct crooked teeth, cracked teeth, chipped teeth and overlapping teeth with just one sitting. The procedure can also be a substitute for braces. The procedure can alter the positioning of the teeth, their length, and shape.
- Cosmetic gum surgery is a solution if the teeth appear shorter. The procedure raises the gum line and helps to promote a look of more proportioned teeth.
- A denture is a prosthetic device that replaces missing teeth. There are two types of dentures, which are the complete denture, and the partial denture. Dentures help to aid pronunciation problems due to missing teeth.
- Dental crowns help provide stability and strength to cracking teeth. Tooth grinding, tooth decay, and improper bite contribute to wearing down or cracking teeth.
- Root canal is a great alternative for removing teeth that are painful. Thanks to advanced technologies, when there is a toothache, it is not necessary to extract the teeth anymore.
- Dental fillings use composite resin dental fillings that are alternatives to amalgam and metal fillings. Some amalgams contain mercury, and metal fillings are effective but tend to darken over time.
There are lots of cosmetic dental care procedures for a dental makeover. They help solve a variety of dental problems. Having a great bright smile is a smart investment.