An iPhone is a proprietary mobile phone device created and marketed by Apple, Inc. It is a multimedia smartphone that is Internet-ready. It has several built-in features that make the iPhone a complete communication and portable work productivity device. Bluetooth is a wireless technology that allows electronic communication devices, both fixed and mobile, to communicate with one another over short distances. Most high-end phones, such as the iPhone, are Bluetooth-enabled. With a Bluetooth headset, your hands will be free to navigate your iPhone and use its many features while communicating with another device. But before you can use your Bluetooth headset with your iPhone, you must first register it with your mobile phone so that it will be able to find it. Here are the steps on how to register a Bluetooth device to your iPhone.
- There are several other headset brands that you can choose from, aside from the one being sold by Apple, Inc. What you have to look for is the noise reduction capability of the headset as well as its battery life for standby and talk times. Choose the one that will fit your needs and your lifestyle. Some recommended ones are those made by Sony Erickson, Aliph and Plantronics.
- Place your Bluetooth device and iPhone close together. From your iPhone menu go to Settings and select General. From the options under it, select the Bluetooth option and turn it on.
- Turn on your Bluetooth device and look for the option to set it to discoverable mode so that the iPhone can look for it. Wait for the iPhone to find your Bluetooth device and once it does you will see the device name appear on your iPhone screen. Select the name and choose the option to pair them.
- You will be asked to provide a passcode for your iPhone. If you had not changed it, it will either be the factory default passcode that can be 1-2-3-4 or four zeroes. You can refer to your iPhone manual if you have not changed it. Key in the passcode for your iPhone so that you can proceed to the next step.
- On top of the phone’s screen, there will be a blue-colored option to connect. This means that your Bluetooth device has been registered to your iPhone. Tap the connect option so you can start using your Bluetooth headset. Make a call so that you can adjust the volume to a level that will allow you to hear the other party clearly. With the noise reduction capability of a Bluetooth headset you will not need to set the volume too high.
Make sure that you turn off the Bluetooth device once you have finished your call. Leaving it on will consume your iPhone battery’s charge fast. Take care of your Bluetooth device and remember where you store it. With its small size it is easy to misplace the device. Although you can get one for under one hundred dollars, it can still be inconvenient to lose the headset when you need to make a call particularly when you are in a place where there is too much background noise. And of course, while a Bluetooth device aids you when you are multitasking, it is also a device that can make your driving while talking on your phone safer as you do not have to use your hand to hold your phone.