Silk flowers, when arranged beautifully, make very good decorations that you can use to brighten up any room in your house. They come in myriad of colors and sizes perfect for any occasion or holiday. Silk flowers are also easy to store until you are ready to use them again.
Do you want to spice up an important event with silk flower arrangements but worry about how to store them later on? If so, then worry no more! Read on to learn a thing or two on how to store them in a wise and careful manner.
- Prepare the containers. Before you can start storing away your silk flowers, make sure you have plenty of plastic bins that you can use to keep them. Plastic bins with airtight covers are ideal to use because they lock away moisture that will damage the flowers after prolonged storage. Purchase a couple of sheets of tissue or Japanese paper as well. Using them will add extra protection to help keep your flowers maintain their shapes.
- Prepare the flowers. Take all the silk flowers that you want to store and clean them until they are dust-free. Once done, divide them into different categories accordingly. Create a system that you can stick to. For example, group flowers according to their height and color. This way, you will be able to identify them easier later on. Set aside one plastic bin for each group.
- Store the flowers. Now that you have grouped your flowers accordingly, you are now ready to store them. Start by lining the bottom of the bin with tissue or Japanese paper. Carefully place a group of flowers starting from the heaviest to the lightest. This is because you must lay the heavier items on the bottom to prevent them from crushing those that are more delicate. Arrange heavy items in such a way that they are not overcrowded. Allow adequate space so that they do not crush as well. Once done, cover them with another layer of paper. You can also make use of flower foam for added protection. Next, lay medium-sized flowers in the same careful manner and cover them with paper as well. As mentioned above, save the top layer for the more fragile items. Cover them before finally closing the lid. Repeat same procedure with the next group of flowers until everything is finished.
- Label the bins. Once complete, get a marker to tag each plastic bin. This way, you will know what kind of flowers the bins contain should you want to decorate using your silk flowers again.
- Store the bins. Find a good area where you can store the containers. You can keep them under your bed or cabinet drawers. It is ideal to place them in a well-ventilated and accessible area. This way, the flowers will not only keep their good conditions intact but it will be easier for you to take the bins out in the future as well.
And there you have it! Five simple steps on how you can store silk flowers in plastic bins successfully! Remember that stowing away decors need not be challenging so put your organizational skills to a good use and start packing those flowers! Have fun!