Difficulty in sleeping is a common problem that is experienced by many people. It is caused by many things like mental fatigue, restlessness, anxiety and other things. When people do not get enough sleep, they become sluggish and inattentive all throughout the day, making them more prone to accidents.
If you are having some difficulty sleeping, it is best to try looking for a remedy immediately. You can try a natural remedy by using herbal tea to promote sleep. Herbal tea has been used to remedy many kinds of sleeping disorder and it is very natural that it has no negative side effects.
Here are some herbal tea recipes that you could try to remedy any sleeping disorder that you may be experiencing.
- Chrysanthemum tea – Chrysanthemum is often used for clearing the liver, which often causes insomnia. It is also great for relieving hypertension and some other cardiovascular disease. To make Chrysanthemum tea, boil one cup of water and wait for it to reach a rolling boil. Put the dried chrysanthemum in the water and let it simmer for 5-8 minutes. You can add a teaspoon of sugar before drinking the tea.
- Bamboo leaf tea and common rush – the two herbs are often used for clearing the heart and calming the mind. Also, it is recommended for curing insomnia that is accompanied by palpitations, irritability and urine difficulty. To make bamboo leaf tea and common rush, boil 2-3 cups of water. Put the bamboo leaf and the common rush and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat then add sugar according to taste.
- Schisandra tea – Schisandra is a type of herb that improves the lung and kidney function. It is recommended for people who suffer from insomnia that is accompanied by night sweats and fatigue. To make schisandra tea, roast the schisandra. After roasting it, crush and store it in a container. When you need to make the tea, put 5 grams of the schisandra in hot water and allow it to infuse for 3-5 minutes. Add enough honey to suit your taste.
- Ginseng tea –Ginseng is often used for relieving mental fatigue, mouth dryness, limb coldness and sleep disorder. It also soothes the mind, allowing a person to sleep with ease, especially at night. To make ginseng tea, boil a cup of water. Once the water comes to a rolling boil, place the ginseng and allow it to simmer for at least 15 minutes. Do not add any form of sweetener to the tea to get the best result.
- Pulse-activating drink – The pulse-activating drink is a combination of three herbs, namely ginseng, dwarf lily-turf tuber and schisandra. This is often used for stabilizing blood circulation, calming the mind and nourishing the body. It is also used for relieving restless sleep, palpitations, fatigue and shortness of breath. To make the pula-activating drink, place the ginseng, dwarf lily-turf tuber and schisandra in water and boil it for two hours. Regularly drink the solution throughout the day and always drink it warm.
Herbal tea has been used for ages and its results have always been good
for the body. That is why if you have any trouble sleeping then try
using herbal tea to give yourself a goodnight sleep.