Fine hair can be a little unflattering, especially if your age is gearing towards the 40s. Fine or thin hair will make you older. This is the time when you have to cheat. To give volume to your mane, you can try these easy tricks:
- Use a volumizing shampoo. You have lots of options in the grocery store or in the supermarket. These shampoos should contain protein and keratin, so that your thin hair will appear fuller. You can also add a volumizing conditioner, but choose the one with a lighter formula. Thick conditioners tend to weigh your hair down and make it look flat.
- Blow-dry your hair from the bottom. Doing the opposite will straighten and flatten your hair. To add fullness to your locks, blow dry your hair from the bottom on up. While doing this, use a round brush to create fullness. Start brushing from the inside.
- Wear the right hairstyle. Hair style also contributes to making your hair appear thicker. Short cuts are the best option. You can have the bob, which has many variations. If you have an elongated face, try the bob with bangs. You do not only seem to have thicker hair, but you likewise draw attention away from your chin – an illusion not provided by longer locks. The chop, when cut above the shoulders, gives fine hair style, shape, and easier maintenance. It is totally perfect for women with a limp mane. On the other hand, the cap-cut is best for people with small and oval-shaped faces, because the bangs complement the look. The short, tapered cut, which is more popularly known as the crop, draws attention to your eyes. However, if you prefer to have your hair a little longer, have it styled with shaggy layers. Layers create an illusion of fullness for your thin hair.
- Your hair color matters, too. Darker colors such as black, auburn, reddish brown and chocolate brown make hair appear thicker. The lighter the hair color is, the finer the hair will seem. You can also have highlights near your crown to help hide your scalp. I personally prefer a dark reddish brown shade, applied to shaggy layers. The result is both cool and hot!
- Consider getting a permanent body wave. Consult your favorite salon and your trusted hairstylist before asking for a body wave. The result can actually last up to two to three months.
- Brush your hair on one side. Creating the gap in the middle makes your hair look flat and your forehead broad. Use a round brush and create a small heap of hair on either the left or right side of your head.
You do not have to spend lots of moolah to make your fine hair look thicker. All you have to do is to follow these surefire tips. I have tried them, except for the body wave, and I can say that the results are fool-proof. Remember to ask your hairstylist before you do major changes to your hair.